Everyone seems to have heard of carbon monoxide, but not many people seem to know much about it. This gas is produced whenever a fuel source is burned. These fuel sources can consist of many different things including kerosene, oil, gas and even wood or charcoal.
The problem is that carbon monoxide cannot be seen or otherwise detected without the use of a monitoring device and in high levels; carbon monoxide can actually cause death. Not to mention even smaller amounts can still cause carbon monoxide poisoning, which can lead to serious health issues from lethargy and amnesia to psychosis and even Parkinson’s disease.